The Preliminary examination of UP PCS syllabus 2013 will consist of two compulsory papers of which answer sheet be OMR sheets. The UP PCS syllabus 2013 is mentioned iAppendix-10 of the advertisement published in Employment News Papers and official website of Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC).The papers shall be 200 marks each and of two hours durations. Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choice in which there shall be 150-100 questions Respectively.
Paper I timing 9.30 to 11.30 A.M.
Paper II timing 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
UP PCS Syllabus 2013 for the Preliminary Examination
We are mentioning up pcs syllabus 2013 for pre exam 2013 and main exam 2013 of Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission.
UP PCS Syllabus 2013 PAPER-I General Studies-I (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and India National Movement.
- India and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- India Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
UP PCS Syllabus 2013 PAPER-II General Studies-II (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability.
- Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
Subjects & UP PCS Syllabus 2013 for the Main (Written) Examination: The Written examination will consist of the following compulsory and optional subjects .The up pcs syllabus 2013 whereof is mentioned in Appendix-11 of employment news paper advertisement. The candidates have to select any two subjects from the list of optional subjects for main examination. Each optional subject will consist of two papers.
(A) Compulsory Subjects
- General Hindi 150 marks
- Essay 150 marks
- General Studies (i-Paper) 200 marks
- General Studies (ii-Paper) 200 marks